DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax TVS Digital release date

G

Any word on when the TVS Digital will be released? Having just purchased a T3 for the holidays, I would have *preferred* purchasing the TVS Digital.

Should we expect similar digital quality as the ND? I've noted that most prosumer digital cameras don't all have the same quality digital formats and adjustments. I'm hoping the TVS Digital will be a nicely packaged ND to some degree.

I read from somewhere that the TVS digital has already been put on the market in Japan. Has anyone tried one yet?

I was in Japan two weeks ago (January 26) and informed about this TVS digital. The answer, in various shops, was invariably: not yet available, will follow in Spring. I guess one will have to wait for at least one more month.

> No.

Official release date in Japan is Feb 27th. (Delayed from the 20th)

We shall know by tomorrow if further delay is required.

Does anyone know how the TVS Digital compares to the to be released Cybershot V1 by Sony? It seems the Sony (5MP)also has a CZ Vario Sonnar lens that seems a tad bit faster and a longer zoom?

Back