DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Creatures

Hi Akv,

It seems that the yellow bird is a female American Goldfinch. Found her on wiki.

I enjoyed these critters.

Robert

Thanks Robert and Klaus,
Those squirrels are geniuses for finding their ways into birdfeeders.

And Robert, I was going to say a Finch of some kind. The color on that female is more a neon yellow. Very pretty.
Thanks!

Those squirrels are geniuses for finding their ways into birdfeeders.

I notice that the cardinal is sitting on an anti-squirrel bird feeder. I can vouch for the effectiveness of that particular model at defeating the brain trust of squirrel intelligentsia. :)

Yes notalent,
They used to drop down from a tree branch like commandos onto the top of the feeder and reach down for the seed but I trimmed the branch back and greased up the pole with some vegetable spray so it's harder for them. They just hang around under the feeder now snacking on whatever seeds the birds drop. I have a feeling they're just biding their time though.

Back