DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Creatures

akv

Hi all,
SD14 70-300mm
SPP
I had to do some heavy processing on the Cardinal, shot through 2 panes of glass.
Enjoy!
Comments and critiques welcome!

Attachments

• wild1.JPG
    EXIF
    wild1.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 8
  • wild2.JPG
    EXIF
    wild2.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 12
  • wild3.JPG
    EXIF
    wild3.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 14
  • wild4.JPG
    EXIF
    wild4.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 9
  • wild5.JPG
    EXIF
    wild5.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 11
  • wild6.JPG
    EXIF
    wild6.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi akv,
nice shots in general.
As I see from the exifs all are taken with f:5,6.
You probably could gain more sharpness if you close it 1 or 2 steps.
Give it a try.
Regards
Uwe

Thanks Uwe,
How do you see the exif data?
I was shooting hand held on P mostly I think. I can't remember, But if there's enough light I usually shoot at f8.

akv,

Uwe may have something else, but I have and use PhotoME to examine and view an image's EXIF data.

Here is an example of just some of the data carried by your posted wild5.JPG that PhotoME extracted:

[Camera]
Exposure time: 1/80"
F number: F5.6
Exposure program: Normal program
ISO speed rating: 800/30°
Exif version: Version 2.2
Date and time of original data generation: 2008-12-19 19:12:11

Hi akv,
I use firefox as browser and there is a add-on " FxIF " which,if exist,
shows the exif-data,on the full image > right click > properties

There is a second add-on " Exif Viewer " which doesn´t work as reliable as
FxIF.

Regards
Uwe
EDIT:

This is what I get:

Kamera-Hersteller: SIGMA
Kamera-Modell: SIGMA SD14
Aufnahmedatum: 2008:12:19 19:12:11
Blitz: nein
Brennweite: 300.0mm (KB-Format entsprechend: 510mm)
Belichtungszeit: 0.013s (1/80)
Blende: f/5.6
ISO: 800
Weißabgleich: automatisch
Belichtungsmessung: Matrix
Belichtung: Programm (automatisch)
Belichtungsmodus: Automatische Belichtungsreihe

EDIT2: You should set your camera date / time

EDIT3: smile

haha cool. Thanks for the info!
Wow I didn't know that it embedded all that info. Now I don't have to worry about trying to remember all the settings.
Isn't technology great? :)

akv,

When you call up the Image Info within SPP, either from the thumbnail view or the single image window, the popup contains an abbreviation of the available EXIF data relevant to the camera settings plus EXIF saved manipulations.

If you use an assortment of filters, that info is NOT carried through to the EXIF.

Hi AKV,

Nice shots, I especially like the expression on the chickadee. Looks like he held still long enough to look dead at the camera.

good luck with your pictures,

Robert

Thanks!

There's so much in SPP I still have to learn. I just jumped right into it. I'm sure there are lots of details that I'm missing out on. I guess I'll have to take the time and really learn it.

Yeah the chickadee was checking me out. They're usually off and flying within a few seconds of landing and preening. I guess they're starting to get a model complex hehe!

Hi AKV,

I have been looking through my field guide and can not seem to find the yellow bird, do you know the species name? and was that three at once? There was once one at my feeder, but I have not seen him again.

This past week the bullies (common grackles) have been taking over, they are pretty much running every one else out. Such piggish gluttons.

Robert

Back