DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DP2Merrill & DP3Merrill 2018 in Hawaii

SandyF

The Merrills love Hawaii light. Here's one RAW processed with minimal adjustments in SPP6.8.2. I've learned that in 'good light' the camera is a lot smarter than I am. Of course in 'bad light' everything is more complicated. I shot both cameras mostly at ISO125, I find slightly better results than ISO100. I've also used ISO160 with the Merrills, a nod to Laurence Matson's comments about ISO but I didn't go totally ISO200, especially in Hawaiian bright light.
SDIM4405 Sigma DP2Merrill Royal Hawaiian Lunch by Sandy Fleischmann, on Flickr

Link works if you click it, but photo failed to show up yet automatically

Last edited:
Link works if you click it, but photo failed to show up yet automatically

This is a problem with our settings. As soon as the filesize of the image is too big, it causes problems.

Your image is probably bigger than 4MB.

I currently try to find a solution with the developers of the forum software

This is a problem with our settings. As soon as the filesize of the image is too big, it causes problems.

Your image is probably bigger than 4MB.

I currently try to find a solution with the developers of the forum software
Thanks for the explanation. At least the link works. I thought I'd already forgotten the method of showing photos via cellphone LOL. I used the BBCode method via chrome/desktop and decreased the size from original to something smaller, but I guess it is still too large. My original jpeg is probably around 10MB. I thought the size restriction applied just to uploaded photos rather than linked photos.

I thought I'd already forgotten the method of showing photos via cellphone LOL.

No, we are still experimenting with the best settings. As we found out, even if images are embedded, they are cached in fullsize on our server. Therefoe they take the same amount of space on our server as they would be directly uploaded to our server. So, we try to find another setting to avoid that.

I really appreciate Sandy's efforts and especially the pictures! But as long as you're not logged in, you won't see anything. Rats.

Dear Dirk, You should make an urgent effort to improve the visibility and size of the images that can be posted here. At the moment this forum and site has the great chance to grow beyond itself. But with these technical problems, the opportunity is quickly wasted. And the folks will move on.

I mean, you can make the costs of running the site a bit transparent and then try to get the site on a donation basis. The tractor forum, which I also follow, calls for donations once a year. Some do it and others are just too stingy.
In any case, you should finally drill down on this site so that we can enjoy it. Other private initiators (such as the tractor forum) also get it done.

Greetings from John

Dear Dirk, You should make an urgent effort to improve the visibility and size of the images that can be posted here.

Sorry, this is by purpose and we will leave this setting as it is.

Last edited:
Sorry, that I insist on that aspect.

ok I have to say to your answer.

But do you hope to collect users and public pageviews by that sight:
– I hope not.

Johannes

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-24 um 11.34.37.jpg

Back