DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Maybe worth a separate thread....

Mujana1

(I already posted this question in another thread here, but it seems to go unnoticed. So maybe worth a new thread).

Like I said before, I own 2 strobes ((Godox AD400pro and AD300pro). With the Godox AD400pro for maybe a parabolic light shaper, what second light shaper would you choose for the AD300pro? I was thinking about a simple striplight (maybe hair light and background lighting). Not sure what size though. What’s your idea?
thank you.

Thank you Dirk...I hope so.
At least this thread is "on top" in this forum again (although not a frequently visited forum )

It all depends on what you're shooting, how much space you have and the type of results you expect to get. If you're just starting out, I would recommend 40-50" deep, white, reflective umbrellas, barn doors and snoots. That's a very flexible setup that you won't outgrow for years to come. It allows you to do hard light, soft light and anything in between.

Hope that helps

Parabolix 45" has arrived a few days ago. Thinking about a 30x120 stripbox for my second light (AD300Pro).

(I already posted this question in another thread here, but it seems to go unnoticed. So maybe worth a new thread).

Like I said before, I own 2 strobes ((Godox AD400pro and AD300pro). With the Godox AD400pro for maybe a parabolic light shaper, what second light shaper would you choose for the AD300pro? I was thinking about a simple striplight (maybe hair light and background lighting). Not sure what size though. What’s your idea?
thank you.
I would strongly recommend a medium size strip box (12x36). They are extremely versatile.

Thank you michaelhcothran. I already ordered a SMDV Flip 30x120 stripbox + grid some time ago. I hope, this will be versatile as well.

Back