DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Aria owner

George S.

Hello everyone! Looking forward to learning about and using Contax gear.
I've been shooting for almost 50 years, and I am an almost 30 year user of the Olympus OM system. Also Olympus digital.

I have wanted to use a Contax and Zeiss lenses for a long while and recently purchased via Ebay auctions a Contax Aria, CZ 50/1.4, 28-70 Vario Sonnar, and a Yashica 75-200 (f4.5) and a TLA-280 flash.

Hi George

Welcome to the forum. I hope you feel comfortable here and let us see your pictures soon. There is a lot of users around here, even if they do not write all to much. :) This is mostly since the Contax system has been discontinued, so no one buys anything new anymore. It is people like you, who like Contax or Zeiss and keep the system and this forum alive and running.

Cheers,
Milos

Hi George, nice setup you have there!
I am on my second Aria, sold mine long ago, but had to get another one :)

The 50/1.4 is brilliant, have fun and may the light be with you :)

Just keep on posting, perhaps we can bring the other users to post as well instead of only looking at what we post from time to time. :)

Cheers,
Milos

Back