DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Other Contax Repair ? iia and iiia ?

MaxBerlin

It seems everyone agrees that HS is the best at old Contax cameras but if someone just needed a little work on their Contax in the meantime where would they send it ?

Not a complete rebuild and not a trip to a butcher just a little lube and adjustment.

And as honest as Harry.

TIA - Max

I would have a word with Malcolm Taylor, the Leica repair expert, as he is very good with mechanical cameras and lenses.

Nick

Mark Hansen

I am looking for a Contax rangefinder repair person. Jerry Sorin used to handle my repairs, and he was very good at it, but I heard that he passed away a few months ago. Henry Scherer has a waiting list measured in miles (if not light years). I found in the internet a reference to Mark Hansen's Classic Camera Repair. Is Mark a reliable Contax technician?

Back