DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Perpetual Licenses on Mac - No New MS Office Perpetual License

wklee

DPRF-Patron
I was looking for MS Office Perpetual License. MS Office Home and Student and Office Home and Business have Perpetual Licenses. They're also for Intel CPUs and they are 2021 versions. It's now 2023. There doesn't really appear to be in 2023, any new Perpetual Licenses now? Now Apple has their M1 and M2 CPUs. How long would the Intel versions last.

I remember when Apple released Snow Leopard with Rosetta. Lion stopped supporting it and I thought Rosetta would be supported for a longer time.

I thought Office was subscription only on all platforms now if you want the current version? not 100% sure as don't use it at all myself as use libre office & pages for the little use I have for them

Shelton.

I thought Office was subscription only on all platforms now if you want the current version? not 100% sure as don't use it at all myself as use libre office & pages for the little use I have for them

Shelton.
I saw Home and Student and Home and Business for sale. Intel version, and Perpetual from 2021. In 2023, the software is still being sold.

I saw Home and Student and Home and Business for sale. Intel version, and Perpetual from 2021. In 2023, the software is still being sold.
Yes, older versions are still available, but not the latest ones....

There' a 5 year support cycle for Office 2021. Updates are up to October 2026. I still need to decide.

I hate the subscription model so, when I bought my new MacbookPro last year, I didn't buy office and decided to see if I could make do with Numbers and Pages. I found that I could! In addition, I only needed Word and Excel and not all the other stuff they bundle into their packages. No point paying money for stuff you neither need nor want.

One of my concerns is the Imported Spreadsheet Data. There seems to be a high percentage of Spreadsheets using XLS format. I might not create my own Spreadsheet but may import Spreadsheets.

I'm not sure how well the importing will work.

Back