DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Photo Upload Test, original size

ErikWithaK

Let's see how this fares here full size with a 4MB limit..

T20S8316-IridientEdit-4.jpg
  • FUJIFILM - X-T20
  • AF 13/1.4 XF
  • 13.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/350 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Strange. When I download Erik's phto it downloads in full res 3.8mb. But, when I download my it downloads as 168kb, and even more strange is that in my photo the exif nfo IS BLANK. This is really weird.
Ok, another photo. This time I'll choose the insert image button above.
_DSF0178.JPG

Strange. When I download Erik's phto it downloads in full res 3.8mb. But, when I download my it downloads as 168kb, and even more strange is that in my photo the exif nfo IS BLANK. This is really weird.
Ok, another photo. This time I'll choose the insert image button above.
View attachment 9450

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, First, I exported my image full-size from Lightroom, but with a 4MB limit, clicked on "insert image" here, then selected the saved file (didn't "drop" it), and then clicked on "insert" in the little thumbnail box that appears (maybe you didn't do that?), and here it is...

Last edited:
I had the same problem as guitarjeff, and I don't think we are alone. I don't know what causes it but I do know that if the forum reduces your image to 1600 wide your exif is gone.

Yep you just reminded me. At first it did work for me and I kept an image the right size I uploaded 3000x2000. But recently the forum reduces it to 1600 wide and strips exif. Dirk doesn't believe me.

Back