DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Swift

kgwhite

This image was made with a Canon 40D back when I was proud to have such an advanced digital camera. Times change but the RAW file still works. I reprocessed it as a high contrast B&W this evening.
Canon 40D, 28-135 zoom - April 20, 2008

Swift_MG_1853-M1_M_20230504.jpg

This image was made with a Canon 40D back when I was proud to have such an advanced digital camera. Times change but the RAW file still works. I reprocessed it as a high contrast B&W this evening.
Canon 40D, 28-135 zoom - April 20, 2008

View attachment 3017
Nice processing! impeccable timing, it looks like, too. I like the simple lines and angles and overall tone created by the choice of monochrome.

Nice processing! impeccable timing, it looks like, too. I like the simple lines and angles and overall tone created by the choice of monochrome.
Thanks for your comments.
I was not happy with the image when it was made. Not sharp enough and motion blur in the train car. Looking at it now the image works better for the flaws.
It seems to me many creative people move from highly controlled to more interpretive work over time. Or maybe I'm just old and can't see anymore. Probably the old part.

Thanks for your comments.
I was not happy with the image when it was made. Not sharp enough and motion blur in the train car. Looking at it now the image works better for the flaws.
It seems to me many creative people move from highly controlled to more interpretive work over time. Or maybe I'm just old and can't see anymore. Probably the old part.
I think you're right about creative people and how they understand and interpret artistic output over time. With age and experience our sense of the aesthetic also becomes more mature, I feel. I hope I'm right. LOL ;)

Back