DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Any Google Drive/Google One Users?

wklee

DPRF-Patron
I noticed for example, Google Photos wants to backup my iPhone's Camera Roll.

I'm already one Apple's iCloud 2TB Plan, however that doesn't cover Android. I'm wondering about paying for Google Drive. Google Drive's Backup now counts WhatsApp Backup towards storage. WhatsApp Backup in Android now isn't included in the Free Storage (15GB) now.

"As an important heads up, WhatsApp backups on Android will soon start counting toward your Google Account cloud storage limit, similar to how WhatsApp backups are handled on other mobile platforms. This change will first start rolling out to WhatsApp Beta users starting in December 2023, then gradually to all WhatsApp users on Android starting early next year."

"If you choose to enable WhatsApp backups on Android, personal Google Accounts come with 15GB of storage at no charge – 3X more than most mobile platforms – that’s shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. "

Last edited:
Back