DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

In depth differences of the 60 mm makro planars

G

Hi all,

Can anyone with experience on the 3 different 60mm makro planars explain the pros and cons of each. I'm particularly interested to know the main difference between the 2 mm lenses and how the compact compares. I'm more interested in quality and end results rather size.

Thanks.

Optically identical. The compact version, only goes to 1:2, wheras the other goes to life size. I have the original S-Planar, easily one of the finaest lenses I've ever used for 35mm photography

If you are intersted in technical details about these lenses, you can also have a look at the MTF charts and lens overvies of the scanned brochures of the 80ies and 90ies in the download-section on the left side

dirk

How about from a cost perspective? Does the compact 60 mm cost more or less than the regular 60mm?

If I can find both at the same price, which one should I get?

Hi all!
Can anyone tell me how many aperture blades the Macro-Planar C has? Six or eight?
Thanks, Csaba

Back