DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

JPEG to RAW

jpg to raw, a little trickery is allowed?
it is more of a jpg "detail" improvement tool to a tif or dng , which gives you a little more leeway in a photo editing program to further finish the image to taste

jpg to raw, a little trickery is allowed?
it is more of a jpg "detail" improvement tool to a tif or dng , which gives you a little more leeway in a photo editing program to further finish the image to taste
Thank you! Does it really work? I.e., worth it?

Hello! Can anyone give me some feedback/views on Topaz JPEG to RAW? Or another program? Thanks!
I have it but I haven't used it and it seems like Topaz has abandoned JPEG to RAW? I have the Utility Bundle.
Gigapixel AI, Denoise AI, Sharpen AI and JPEG to RAW. I don't use them a lot.

Topaz now has Photo AI but it's not a replacement.

"It" works, but it will also depend on the jpg "quality" input
brackish jpg in, it comes out relatively well
good jpg in, it comes out very broken

It is not worth purchasing, it is "Legacy", there is no further development.

I think the useful part of code from JPG to RAW ended up in Photo AI, Sharpen AI.
Note I only see development on Photo AI.

"It" works, but it will also depend on the jpg "quality" input
brackish jpg in, it comes out relatively well
good jpg in, it comes out very broken

It is not worth purchasing, it is "Legacy", there is no further development.

I think the useful part of code from JPG to RAW ended up in Photo AI, Sharpen AI.
Note I only see development on Photo AI.
OK, thanks. I wondered if it was too good to be true.

I didn't even realize it had been discontinued - thanks!
It's old, about 3 to 4 years old. Topaz never issued any updates for it from my Recollection. It's a Legacy Program now, so JPEG to RAW is not for sale anymore.

Last edited:
It's old, about 3 to 4 years old. Topaz never issued any updates for it from my Recollection. It's a Legacy Program now, so JPEG to RAW is not for sale anymore.

Thanks - I had just learned about it through reviews.

Back