DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Remote to PC shooting with A100

roystoneasurf

I have read that the new A350 comes with a PC remote control software which includes a live on-screen preview, but does anyone now about a similar software for the A100?

What I am trying to do is mount the camera on a tripod and shoot multiple subjects and be able to have the images pop up on the pc/laptop to print while the customers wait...similar to what they do when your kids get pictures with Santa at the mall. I do not want to have to keep removing the memory card to access the images for printing but when I attach the camera to my pc using the included usb cable, I can no longer take pictures.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I have read that the new A350 comes with a PC remote control software which includes a live on-screen preview, but does anyone now about a similar software for the A100?

What I am trying to do is mount the camera on a tripod and shoot multiple subjects and be able to have the images pop up on the pc/laptop to print while the customers wait...similar to what they do when your kids get pictures with Santa at the mall. I do not want to have to keep removing the memory card to access the images for printing but when I attach the camera to my pc using the included usb cable, I can no longer take pictures.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Not sure this is correct. I have A350 don't think it will remote view.

are you referring to "live view" which the a350 has? This is a highish definition lcd screen which is fitted to the rear of the camera and can be tilted so that you don't have to look through the optical viewfinder - handy for low level macro shots, it keeps you shirt clean because you don't have to lie down on the grass.

I think that you are looking for "tethered shooting", a feature which enables you to preview an image on a computer monitor before and during shooting, and even gives the ability to save directly to the hard drive rather than a memory card. This is not available on the alpha 100 - I know because I have researched this as I like the idea a lot - but sadly, no.

Back