DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The new kit lens 281003556 D with macro

C

codz

Hi all! I just bought yesterday a Minolta Dynax 5. My previous camera was a Nikon F50. I was looking for something with more functions than that (DOF preview, advanced focusing system, custom functions), with a more ergonomic commands (dials) for shifting exposure during taking photos and with a better kit lens than my 35-80mm on the Nikon. Reading the reviews of this class, I noticed one 'over the fence' competitor that was really packed with features at a reasonable price tag. After reading two days about Dynax 5 I decided is what I'm looking for. Yesterday night I've played with almost all the functions and get used to the camera controls and operations, I can't hardly wait to take my first roll (slide probably) to test the sharpness of the lens (f8) and the metering system. If it provides the pictures identical to what I took a month ago in Prague, then I will be very satisfied with this camera.

The actual subject of this thread should be about the new lens kit that Dynax 5 comes with. It's about a 28-100/3.5-5.6 with macro at 0.47 meters. This lens was launched somewhere in August 2003. Is bigger and a little heavier than the 28-80 lens, but I guess that 20 more make a point. I also hope that quality improved over the 28-80, it has to be. It has a filter thread of 55, pretty nice grip and stylish silver and black colour.

What can you tell more about this lens. I couldn't find ANY review for it on Internet.

Back