DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What do they spit?

BratPix

This image reveals that our friends the spitters fill their mouths with dearomatized petroleum to create these spectacular flames. It makes me want to try this activity even more...

850_5030.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D850
  • 150-600 mm f/5.0-6.3
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/2000 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 640

Amazing captures! Excellent work. In the past, I have tried to take a picture of the flames burning in my living room fireplace (or in the backyard fire pit)... and I have not had much luck getting a good image of "fire" -- but YOU have indeed managed to do it! Spectacular. And those dudes are nuts.

Amazing captures! Excellent work. In the past, I have tried to take a picture of the flames burning in my living room fireplace (or in the backyard fire pit)... and I have not had much luck getting a good image of "fire" -- but YOU have indeed managed to do it! Spectacular. And those dudes are nuts.
Thank you M5, and indeed they are.

Great series!
This explains the particular (and not very pleasant) odor I always notice during such acts. Alcohol would be safer, but it would not produce such nice flames…

Great series!
This explains the particular (and not very pleasant) odor I always notice during such acts. Alcohol would be safer, but it would not produce such nice flames…
Thank you DrLex. Actually I think this is pure madness.

Back