DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A Little Jumping Spider

Joe Trimarchi

P6196480_filtered.jpg
  • OM Digital Solutions - OM-1
  • M.40-150mm F2.8 + MC-14
  • 210.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/640 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200
P6196481_filtered.jpg
  • 210.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200
P6196484_filtered.jpg
  • 210.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Those are nice shots. Tele-macro is a good approach. Were these taken @ MFD? You're basically @ 420mm "equivalent" so the high shutter speed is definitely needed. Handheld? I have tried this a few times, with some partial success (results not as good as yours). Part of the problem I encountered was... wind (outdoors). Always easier/better if the subject is not moving... too much. :)

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

These were handheld but not taken at the minimum focus distance. They have been heavily cropped and post process including sharpening. It was breezy and the little spider was moving about even jumping from stem to leaf. I was out shooting dragonflies and damselflies and just out of luck I spotted this little spider. I'm going to take my macro lens with me next time out and will try to find some more. I've seen other shots of jumping spiders and they make great macro shots if you can hold still and get them in focus.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

These were handheld but not taken at the minimum focus distance. They have been heavily cropped and post process including sharpening. It was breezy and the little spider was moving about even jumping from stem to leaf. I was out shooting dragonflies and damselflies and just out of luck I spotted this little spider. I'm going to take my macro lens with me next time out and will try to find some more. I've seen other shots of jumping spiders and they make great macro shots if you can hold still and get them in focus.
Indeed sounds good but tricky too. Great shots though here anyways. They look brilliant.
Regards Dino26323

Great work Joe

Back