DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A7III vs A7RV banding using silent shutter

ski542002

Hello: Taking delivery of my A7RV tomorrow. Have been voraciously watching as many YouTube tutorials as I can to help in dealing with the menu system of the new camera! I've not seen much talk on banding when using silent shutter.

For my "now-traded" A7III, (and my A7R3) when shooting available light indoors, I needed to shoot at a shutter speed no faster than 160th/sec, especially in mixed discharge lighting, or I'd get severe image banding at any ISO. In the scenarios I'm shooting, I have zero concerns about the rolling shutter "jello effect". No fast movement of camera or any people/objects.

Does anyone have thoughts on using the A7RV in silent shutter mode, and banding issues? To reiterate, I have zero concerns about rolling shutter in this scenario.

Somewhat related. The most prolific YouTube tutorial I've viewed on the RV, now 3 times at a lengthy 2:01:29 length is, Very beneficial time spent.

Back