DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

AF 24 8528 4D IF Any good

H

hendrik_louw

Hi all,

I am an amature who's becoming quite serious about photography and have to replace a Tamron 28 - 300 (my only lense), which got a bad knock. I'm looking at the AF-S VR 70 - 200 and the AF 24-85/2.8-4D IF. Has anyone used the 24-85? Good to use? It's macro?

Any info would be great please.

Thanks
Hendrik

> [.Get the 24-85mm AFS lens - its a superb bargain price and great optics. I know it is not F2.8 but it is a superb value for money and peformance piece of glass.

> >> >> Sorry about the previous posting - a bit of finger trouble. > > I have had my 24.85 f2.8-4 D a month now, and find the results as > sharp as the Zeiss 24-85 it replaces (for the Contax N1 I have just sold.) The > Nikon lens is smaller, lighter and more convenient than the Zeiss lens. It > is comfortably tight to focus manually (I use an FM3a) and does not "creep" > when the camera is on your choulder. The macro is very useful, as it is > totally built in - not so completely macro as a real dedicated lens, but you always > have it with you. It covers 90% of the focal lengths I want to use, and on > the FM3a makes an ideal travel combination. > > Hope this helps. > > Albest, Robin >

Back