DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Airport Way at Albro

1971_M5

DPRF-Patron
As I was driving home, I noticed the trains and liked the way they lined-up. So I parked the car and walked over to take a picture. Loco 4443 is an older C44-9W while the other two are ES44DC units. The oil is on its way north to refineries in the Anacortes area or Ferndale / Cherry Point.

bnsf-airport-way-post.jpg

Great photo! I like the line-up. And it's awesome that the rail lines are not fenced off.

It looks like there is another train in the distance approaching?

Thanks for the nice comment. Yes, I noticed the other train when I was processing the image (didn't see it when I was shooting... because I didn't have my glasses on!). Similar to the curved bridge in the distance on your Stanwell Tops picture. It's nice to find these fun little nuggets. Obviously, a large file and good IQ helps. There is fencing at the main yards and at the maintenance facilities. And fencing on a lot of the auto/pedestrian overpasses (unfortunately -- due to nefarious activity) as those are really nice photo vantage points. But in general the main-line tracks are open. I never see anybody else scrambling around... because I suppose most folks aren't really that interested. We're the oddballs! Of course, I always keep my ears and eyes open. I've had 2 semi-close calls. Well, probably not THAT close (no train horn)... or maybe the engineer didn't even see me? My pulse-rate definitely increased. And then I laughed. Puts a little spice into the photo shoot! PS... sorry about the double post. I thought something went awry with the first one... so I duplicated the effort... but then noticed there were two. Oh well.

Back