DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

ApoTelytM 135mm F34

Maximum focusing accuracy is with the .85 body.... If you have a .72, get the eyepiece magnifier to imparove the accuracy.

I have this lens and I use it with a .85 body. I was worried when I bought it that I would not use it much, but I have and the results are terrific. I have also (at f11) used it on my Konica Hexar (0.62), but with frame lines the size of your thumbnail, it is not ideal.

regards Simon

Hello Simon,

Did you compare this lesn with the Tele elmar?

I already have the Tele Elmar and I hesitate to trade it in for the Apo Telyt.

Many thanks.
Best regards.
Dominique.

Hi Dominique,
I seriously doubt if you could tell the difference in the images created by each lens. If all your pictures, taken with your 135MM lens, are taken at F4, then the APO would be somewhat sharper. Once past F4, however, the differences "might" be noticed in enlargements greater than 16X20.

Back