DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Birmingham with K7

I think #1 is a good street image.

I realize street shooting is often a collection of images to give an impression, but still, #1 is [to me] a strong one.

Collectively the framing is 3/10. None imho are really worth a second look.. You can do better.. Selectively should be your keyword—
Hello

Goodbye.

Regards Dino26323
I like #1 and #4... some potential there. I see the shutter speed below the pics... but no aperture. Can you get that info on the EXIF line?
Hello
My Samyang 135mm does not connect electronically even though it is supposed to. I tried 2 copies. Fortunately I decided to keep it anyway because the images looked good after some testing on landscapes and yes bokeh looked quite good actually at the time of testing. Most all the time I shoot wide open. Yes sometimes this is wrong on some shots and I should have stopped down but on the streets there is not time for too much complex changing settings. Some building shots at infinity I stop down to F4 or F5.6 and this gets a better image because of many reasons.
I know many are not all that great and many are ordinary but I like to keep it going and that motivates me.
There are a lot of people approaching me just lately and this has lead to some great posed or controlled photos. This is partly because I shoot so often. It is a journey and the posted photos are only part of the journey.

Regards Dino26323

Here are more from Friday last. A bit of colour is ok when colour is to my liking. This is something also that may be wrong if other people see the photos/
Many people would choose colour more often. I have my reasons. I most always prefer BW except for wildlife insects and flowers sometimes.

IMGP4064-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/250 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 400

IMGP4073-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4092-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4126-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/20 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4203-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/180 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

All K7 135mm Wide open except blurry skater at F5.6.

Regards Dino26323

Here are more from Friday.

IMGP4157-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/250 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4165-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens