DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Bug on a leaf ...

Guest .

Banned
Well, I really intended to go for (further) dragonflies today ... unfortunately there were not any ... but this little bug turned up in front of my SD9, the bellows, the 18-200mm DC (@200mm) and my flashlight.

View attachment 156

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• -Stachelwanze-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Stachelwanze-.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 21
A Bee enjoying what it does best :)

Straight from my camera, no editing!!!

Camera : Sigma SD14
Lens : Sigma 18-50mm DC Kit Lens

Attachments

• SDIM1149.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM1149.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi Rich,

many SIGMATONIANS think, they can replace the 18-50mm DC (KIT) by the 18-200mm DC (OS).

As far as the pure image quality is concerned .... well all right ... I agree.

The significant difference is, that the minimal Fokus length is 45 cm with the 18-200mm and just 25cm with the 18-50 DC (KIT). This advantage alone should prevent jou from selling it!

If you take a seriuos interest in macro-photography ....

It is my firm passion. "Stay tuned" then .... we can cooperate!

View attachment 378

Klaus

Attachments

• sample 8.JPG
    EXIF
    sample 8.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 22
I have looked at a few of your photos now and I can see you do like macro photography. Your photos are amazing and quite inspiring.

I will keep my Sigma kit lens as it is simply universal and handy. I will upgrade to a Sigma macro lens soon but will most probably also buy another Sigma SD14 just because I love them so much.

Thanks for your great comments.

I would add a photo here but the photos are stored on the other computer.

Until Next Time :cool:

Rich

Hi Rich,

many SIGMATONIANS think, they can replace the 18-50mm DC (KIT) by the 18-200mm DC (OS).

As far as the pure image quality is concerned .... well all right ... I agree.

The significant difference is, that the minimal Fokus length is 45 cm with the 18-200mm and just 25cm with the 18-50 DC (KIT). This advantage alone should prevent jou from selling it!

If you take a seriuos interest in macro-photography ....

It is my firm passion. "Stay tuned" then .... we can cooperate!

View attachment 346

Klaus

Yes, Klaus, your macro shots are superb. Depth of Field (DOF) and vibrancy of colours are just two of the very noticeable features of your work.

By the looks of things, you must also (like me) let your heart do some of the work, I think.

Sincere regards, Jim Roelofs

Hello Jim,

thanks a lot! :)

As always, you are absolutely right! A photographer's heart should do at least 90% of their work! Technical perfection develops automatically!

I have been asked so many times, whether a SIGMA SD was a suitable cam to learn basic photography....

My answer always is a clear YES for those who are really ambitious to learn. A SIGMA simply does not really work without a skilled user or an ambitious learner.
If you want an easy cam, better go for a CANON.

Over two years of forum work, I got to know quite a number of beginners who extremely fast got their SIGMAs under control ... and at the same time PHOTOGRAPHY itself.

Klaus

Klaus I totally agree and I hope I will be the candidate to take on the role of the newly acquired ambitious SD14 user, wanting to learn hard and think deep.

On this tasty note I must ask a question.....

Sigma have given the SD14 user the option to go down to ISO 50, what's the benefits and what do you feel about ISO 50. I have been using ISO 50 for a month now and have heard a few people say ISO 50 is really like a unstable/pro setting where you have to have the lighting condition correct to use the setting?..... I'm not too sure, what setting do you use? What do you think is best?

Richie

Klaus I totally agree and I hope I will be the candidate to take on the role of the newly acquired ambitious SD14 user, wanting to learn hard and think deep.

On this tasty note I must ask a question.....

Sigma have given the SD14 user the option to go down to ISO 50, what's the benefits and what do you feel about ISO 50. I have been using ISO 50 for a month now and have heard a few people say ISO 50 is really like a unstable/pro setting where you have to have the lighting condition correct to use the setting?..... I'm not too sure, what setting do you use? What do you think is best?

Richie

I hope you won't mind me butting in here, Ritchie, but I use 50 ISO almost exclusively, because of it's superb "grainless" feature. Yes it's even less unforgiving in the exposure department than 100 ISO, but certainly worth it when super enlargements (often beyond AO for me) are required.

This is one of the reasons why I took so easily to the SD14, like a duck takes to water!

Take the time to get the exposure "spot on" and this camera will deliver with rewarding results.

Excellent... Thank You Jim... ISO 50 it is then. :happy:

I hope you won't mind me butting in here, Ritchie, but I use 50 ISO almost exclusively, because of it's superb "grainless" feature. Yes it's even less unforgiving in the exposure department than 100 ISO, but certainly worth it when super enlargements (often beyond AO for me) are required.

This is one of the reasons why I took so easily to the SD14, like a duck takes to water!

Take the time to get the exposure "spot on" and this camera will deliver with rewarding results.

Back