DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Can 645 with MP1 be effectively mounted onto a tripod

Albert:

Thanks for your comments.
I have tried to use the MF and focus button.
But, I have got better pictures using the AF; especially, when I am hand holding the camera.

I am not a very strong person; but, I am not shooting for a long period of time.

I purchased the MP-1 because I only got 12 rolls of 120 films with 3 batteries. I really like the MP-1 alot. I think I will continue to use the MP-1 with 30 minute rechargeable AA batteries.
Let me know how your new braket turns out in the field.
Sincerely,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I can understand the MP-1 can be your best friend if you only got 4 rolls per 2CR5 battery.

Again, I personally like to use the focus button, not only to save juice, but also I don't need to re-fouce after I lock in my subject and recompose. I am afraid to find out how much battery it drains when I use the over 2 lbs zoom.

Today, I got to try out the Custom Bracket with 45-90 lens and the TLA360. I only shoot a roll of Provia in less than an hour. Certainly hand heldable. But I use a tripod about half of the time.

I think it is a good outfit for event shooting in general. Especially I can put the outfit down on any surface without worrying to scatch the body or lens. The bracket stands on its own very well.

Right now, I am trying to find out how high to mount the flash in various subject distance.

I am also thinking to use the bracket for my N1 & ND if the mounting plate fits.

Dear Marc:

I am glad you still have the bracket.

I will need to use the MP-1 (Vertical Grip) while using the bracket; a must for me.

Can you look for your old receipt/invoice and check the model number.

Model I am looking for is Custom Bracket Model QRS35H. It has a required length 3 inches from the center of the lens to the bottom of the MP-1.

Or, can you try to attach the C645 with MP-1 to your bracket and see if it works O.K.; if you have not tried it yet.

I am in Chicago, Illinois.

Regards.

Steve

Back