DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Carrying bags for Contax 645

G

Does anyone have any experience with the Contax 645 factory bag? I have a few camera bags in different styles including backpacks. But none of them seems to be a perfect fit. I am look for one that I can carry the C645 outfits with MP-1 grip, room for additional 1 or 2 lens, extra film back, and a Polaroid back. Any comments on soft or hard cases will be appreciated.

Hi Albert,I use the Lowe Pro street & Field bag, this ls a soft bag about 45cm X 35cm X 20cm. The back gas a harness built in so you can use it as a back pack or carry by the handle. I can fit the camera and 3 lenses + 2 spare backs and film. Not sure which model it is but have used it for 3 years and it is a very good all round bag.
Regards Bob

This is a new reply to an old post. But I figure it will help someone in the future. I tried as many bags as I could and ended up with a Domke F1-X, "a little bit bigger" bag. It'll hold the 645 with 80mm attached, the 140, 45, TLA 360 a meter, polaroid back and a few other things film included. Overall a nice, inconspicous bag.
Reagrds,
Eric

I have purchased a contax 645 bag and retrun it for a delsey pro-1 bag. Much better design, built quality, and more room for lenses and accesories. Much much better.

Back