DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Color variation

Robert, I don't have the SD14 yet (see above). However, I was going to hypothesize that the white balance was "doing it" in some way.

Regardless, it will be interesting to try to duplicate your results when I do receive the camera. I won't be using Sigma lenses right away - will actually be using Takumars, SMC Pentax, Super Takumar, etc. Also a fine Kiron 100mm lens. All in M42 mount, I ordered the Polish adapter.

Maybe it will arrive in time for the weekend. I guess you purchased only a body since you mention these lens. I will tell you that I only recognize the Pentax name. Not quite sure what the Polish adapter is, should I ask? I am speculating that the Kiron 100mm is a 2.8 macro version? That is sweet. Last night on line I ordered a Sigma 105 2.8 macro. Small world. They called tonight to verify the order, asked if in fact I had placed the order. And,,, they did not try to upsell, bait/switch or sell an extended warranty. Said it will ship tomorrow.

Back to your lens, are these lens from your previous DSLR? A brief perusal of the Takumar wiki and I would say that your SD14 is going to rock!!! I look forward to seeing some of those!!!

Robert

Back