DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T2 manual

G

Does someone have a manual for the T2?

I bought it second hand without manual and I'm not shure with all details 'cause I'm a beginner.

Thank you!

Wlofgang:

I have a T2 and manual. I can attempt scan for you the english pages and send you by post or email. Please give me a little time.

Leopoldo
(Vall d'Uxó) (SPAIN)

> I got a replacement manual from Contax USA for about $7 USD a while back. Used ones on Ebay were going for $15! Don't know if they will export though.

> I was in the same situation with a second hand T2 and no instruction manual. I managed to get a photocopied manual but, in fact, > there was little in the manual that I did not manage to learn intuitively. The T2 is ergonomically easy to use - load film, set > the aperture ring to P, point, shoot and get wonderfully sharp and well exposed photos most of the time. I will be happy to > answer any questions you may have on using the T2.

I bougt a used T2 too. But I've got a Manual. If there is anybody who dont' reach the brochure from the download-section, I can make copies.

Is there an external flash option available for the T2? Is it similar to the system available for the T3?

Hi Dean
The Contax T2 can use external flash with the use of the SA-1 Adapter. This unit is like an L shape bracket and has a slave unit built into the grip therefore there is no electrical connection. Any flash unit can then be connected to the SA-1.
The Contax T3 now has the SA-2 adapter that has electrical connection as well as a cable release connection. Have now moved to the T3 for this reason as well as being able to fit the filters and lens hood that I could not do on the T2
All the best Bob

Yes, the T2 uses the SA-1 bracket for mounting additional flash. A off-camera cord can be used to further your flash manipulation. You can find them used on Ebay now and then.

I was close to purchasing the T2 but backed away after reading reviews on the T3. My primary purchasing consideration is lens quality. The camera would be used for travel and for photos of my grandchildren. Assuming the T3 should be my choice, how worried should I be about the tricky focusing system and the camera's light weight/blurred photos? I currently use a SLR (Nikon)with a zoom lens. Is it a big compromise not being able to frame photos? What about the Contax P&S zoom? Thanks

Back