DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CZ lens

davidhm

Can someone tell me the difference between "n" lens and other labels. I just bought a CZ vario-sonnar 28-80 and can't find an adaptor to me 5d2. Yet I have other CZ lens that work with an adaptor.
Thanks for your time and effort.
David

Hi davidhm

If the Zeiss 28-80mm you refer to is N mount (it will have a switch on the lens for AF/MF), then you cannot buy an adaptor to use it on your 5D MkII, however, even better, you can send it to Bo-Ming of Conurus who will, for a not insignificant sum, convert the lens to Canon mount.

He has developed software/firmware and a small microprocessor that is fitted within his meticulously manufactured and assembled canon mount conversion and this allows the lens to act as a native Canon lens with full autofocus, open aperture metering, EXIF info etc.

That is, of course, if the lens hasn't already been converted.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Piginho

Back