DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Dust in Zeiss Planar 50/1,4 DIY job

Hi Niclas Chong & Thomas Chin,
Thank you for your interest. I would hesitate to sell anything broken to anyone. My lens was purchased new 3 yrs ago in HK. Annoyingly, I took good care of it and never dropped the lens. To put back the front barrel, you need to break apart the front plastic ring (where the Zeiss labels locate) from the front metal barrel. They are very securely cemented togethor in a seamless join. There are three small screws needed to be re-attached. The plastic ring covers their threads. I have already scratched the plastic ring in my futile attempt to separate it from the metal barrel by using a Swiss army knife but I gave up because I didn't want to break the plastic.
You can get a used one in e-bay/shop for a very low price $135-$150.
So my lens serves not only as a paper weight but an anatomical model for learning the internal contruction of Zeiss lens!

Back