DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Epson V750 Pro or other recommendations

Hi,
I'm sure you answered some of your own questions already. What t-locks are you referring to? Mine came with little feet and that's it. You can turn them in certain directions to raise or lower the height of the holder. That's really important to get your negative/slides sharp. I usually have mine raised a little higher than the factory default. It improved the scans dramatically.

The wet mount is great, but make sure you don't let any wet mount liquid get under the plastic or you'll be buying a new we mount unit after a year like I did. The plastic start cracking first where the screws are and then everywhere else. Truthfully, it should have been made with something other than plastic.

The 6x6 negative mounts can hold up to 3 negatives/slides per strip.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Nathan

Slides keep curling up and won't stay flat in V750 holder

Dear N.,
Helps? Of inestimable value! Very kind of you to reply with this need-to-know info and can't thank you enough. In response to your q:

The V750 holder for 120 mm film only (barely) holds the edge of film that has a memory to curl, hence making it almost impossible for it to lay flat.
Epson must have some way of making film sit in holder and could not have overlooked so flagrant a design flaw. Also, the betterscanning holder has (i'm told) separate locks placed by the user between the 2nd and 3rd frames that hold the strip in the holder flat.

Was my V750 shipped without the parts that hold the curvey film flat?

Was my V750 shipped without the parts that hold the curvey film flat?

My medium format holder only has the snap tabs on the sides of the frame and that's it. I just looked at my holder and I noticed the little foam parts that are on the top of the frame is all deformed and coming apart. Weird.

By the way, here's what's in the box for the V700:

What's in the Box?

• Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner - with DIGITAL ICE Technologies
  • 8" x 10" transparency unit (built into lid)
  • Four film holders: 35mm negatives, 35mm slides, medium format and 4" x 5"
  • 8" x 10" Film Area Guide
  • CD-ROM with Epson Scan software and productivity applications
  • DVD-ROM with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements
  • CD-ROM with LaserSoft Imaging™ SilverFast® SE6
  • Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable
  • Epson Setup Sheet
  • AC adapter and power cable
For the V750:

What's in the Box?

• Epson Perfection V750-M Pro scanner - with Digital ICE Technologies
  • 8" x 10" Transparency Unit (built into lid)
  • Fluid mount accessory (scanning fluid and supplies not included)
  • Four film holder: 35mm negatives, 35mm slides, medium format and 4" x 5"
  • 8" x 10" Film Area Guide
  • CD-ROM with Epson Scan software and productivity applications
  • DVD-ROM with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements
  • CD-ROM with LaserSoft Imaging™ SilverFast® Ai 6
  • MonacoEZcolor™
  • Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable
  • Epson Setup Sheet
  • AC adapter and power cable

Back