DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Finding dprforum via Google search

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyF

I've noticed on both computer and android cellphone that finding dprforum via a Google search is difficult. Nothing comes up with dprforum but if you type .com after dprforum it appears. I don't know how this could be remedied unless someone has friends at Google. I think difficulty in finding this website can be detrimental to its growth.

It is pretty normal that it takes a while for a new domain to show up prominently in search results. That being said, making a website or a specific page easy to find is not trivial nowadays. It used to suffice to create relevant content and ensure there were links to this content on popular websites. Nowadays Google relies on all kinds of vague weightings and fuzziness to determine what might be appropriate results for a particular query, and nobody really knows what all the factors are. I think the best we can do is link to this site from as many places as possible, obviously without spamming.

I've noticed on both computer and android cellphone that finding dprforum via a Google search is difficult. Nothing comes up with dprforum but if you type .com after dprforum it appears. I don't know how this could be remedied unless someone has friends at Google. I think difficulty in finding this website can be detrimental to its growth.
It's normal for a new site. New sites can get sandbagged for quite some time. If the site remains legit it will be let out in the open for easy search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back