DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First impressions

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
The Minolta X-700 was I guess the most popular camera at that time. One of the first - if not the first - with so many features and automation. Additionally very robust.

It is a pitty that after the switch to AF this kind of model was not re-released with the new mount. It would have been still a bestseller, similar to the one of Nikon (FM/FM2/FM3a).

Dirk

I have wonderful x-700 with which I have taken many many pictures. Recently, however, I was reloading the camera with new film while the flash was attached and as I trided to advance the film, the shutter got stuck. As I found out from web searched this happens when two of the capacitors in the x-700 blow up and can be fixed by replacing the. I have been able to locate the capacitors on Ebay.

My only concern: Is changing the capacitors really going to work? Or could there be something else wrong with the camera?

I will post a summary to the list if there are enough responses.

Thanks in advance,
Indranil

Back