DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First post

I changed that now to 2048x2048 pixels and 500KB. And we will se how this will go.

We have to figure out in the nexts couple of months, what the best compromise would be.

But you can of course also embed your images. Se the FAQ and click on the link in my signature.
That size restriction makes giving photographic evidence of problems difficult. For example on DPR people were always wondering why there was some problem with the IQ they were getting. They would then upload a photo to show what they were talking about. Very often those problems could be seen only when blown up to a large size. I suppose a crop showing the problem could be used. When you say embed an image do you mean there will then be no size restriction?

Hi Dirk,

I'm not unduly perturbed - DRReview locked posts after a reply (to prevent mischievous re-editing I presume), I was just a little surprised at the automatic time-lock.

I'm now aware of this, so it's not a big issue (unless I make a disastrous typo... :) ).

Also, a BIG 'thank you' to you and your colleagues for your work on setting these forums up - much appreciated!

Phil
I would prefer no time limit unless the post receives a reply. I would also like no time limit on deleting a post without a reply. I prefer a threaded view. Is there a way to switch to that? I don't see it.

3rd attempt
DSC01982_DxO.jpg

I would prefer no time limit unless the post receives a reply. I would also like no time limit on deleting a post without a reply. I prefer a threaded view. Is there a way to switch to that? I don't see it.
I think this forum uses the same engine as RF Shooters (where we’re now doing the Canon R System thing) and neither of those limits apply there, so it may be possible to adjust things in the future. Not sure about the threaded view though.

I’m guessing the Admins here are feeling their way as things start to crystallise.

(I’m also sat in a field at a campsite, so connectivity is limited… :)).

Phil

Back