DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

help with identity of contax camera

shifter

Hello everyone,

Complete newbie here and being perfectly honest a dunce when it comes to cameras more of a point and click man myself.

But recently after moving my parent to a newer more suitable location clearing out her loft i found a few bits one being the camera pictured below. she belives it was my uncles from the 50s? could this be correct

Would be really awesome if one of or many of the experrts here could help me identify what camera it is possible year of manufacture etc is it worth much

many many thanks in advance

Tony

Attachments

• newcontax.jpg
    EXIF
    newcontax.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 47
  • newcontax1.jpg
    EXIF
    newcontax1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 36
  • new contax 2.jpg
    EXIF
    new contax 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 36
I'm a more modern Contax user, i.e. not the original German models but the German/Japanese models from the 1970s to fairly recently.

Have you tried posting your question on www.rangefinderforum.com as this covers all types of rangefinder cameras from the earliest Leicas and Contaxes to the modern Leicas, Epsons and Zeiss Ikons?

Nick

Contax RF

Looks like a Contax IIIa - the built-in meter helps identify the model. Check out Hove Photo's book on Contax RF cameras for addl details.

Sincerely,
Phil

With camera number and lens number I can give you the datation.
You camera was built between 1936 and 1945
fotobox.over-blog

Back