DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

iOS 17 announced at WWDC 2023

wklee

DPRF-Patron
Apple announced iOS 17 at WWDC 2023. Minimum iPhone it appears is iPhone SE2 (2020). I did have my iPhone SE1 (2016) up iOS 15.7.6 - 6 years. Apple started the Dual OS Update from iOS 14/15, iOS 15/16 and iPadOS 14/15, iPadOS 15/16.

Apple decided not to further update iOS/iPadOS 14 (went up to 14.8) but did continue with iOS/iPadOS 15 on supported Devices. I'm all up to date on all of my devices now.

iPadOS 17 it seems now supports External USB Webcams and Mirrorless Cameras with Webcam feature. My iPad Mini 5 is the minimum to work with iPadOS 17

Even through an ElGato Cam Link it seems.

“Twitter user Stephen Robles has demonstrated the USB webcam support and notes that it only works in FaceTime right now. That’s because this is a new underlying API in iPadOS 17 and developers will need to update their apps to support the new camera options. It will be particularly useful for apps like Zoom or Microsoft Teams to be able to use external USB cameras and webcams.

“Another Twitter user, Brian Voll, discovered that you can even use Elgato’s HD60S+ USB capture card to stream content from a game console or any HDMI device into a FaceTime call. Once apps like Twitch and YouTube are updated to support this new external camera capability then it will also turn the iPad into a much more capable mobile streaming device.”

Back