DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is a new ND around the corner

angry.gif
Way to go Kyocera, lost another one to Canon! It's final, I just bought my first digital SLR, a 20D and a 24-70 L f/2.8. I sold my Hasselblad and my N1 gear to finance it. I just couldn't hold out hope for a new Contax digital any longer. I know I will miss my Zeiss lenses, but at least I still have my G2 gear... but for how much longer? If Kyocera knew their ass from a hole in the ground they would at least put out a digital G3. It could be backward compatable w/ existing lenses and introduce new lenses w/ larger apertures optimized for digital, like the Cosina/Zeiss Ikon and give the M8 a run for its money. Oh well, a boy can dream can't he?
Cheers,
-Lytton

> Can you not use Ziess lenses on the 20D with an adaptor? I was > thinking of getting a digital body myself....

Yes you can - no autofocus (I can live with that) and stop-down metering (the showstopper for me as a permanent mode of operation). I may use it from time to time, but not as my everyday mode of shooting.

Just waiting for the EOS 1Ds Mk II to become actually available to the general public ...

The 1DsMKII is available to the general public, I'm shooting a jewelry job with one right now. 94 meg, 16 bit tiff files ; -)

Irakly is coming over tomorrow to play with it. Boys and their toys.

humm... seems like a lot of the Contax hardcore funs are using Canon EOS dSLR. I should sign up to the Canon sister site. I may learn something there.

I just went thru some of my pictures taken with the ND in studio. Boy, did I miss those CZ lenses? The quality are so much better than the Canon L glasses. But, again, I can't sit and wait. One should keep going forward as the digital learning curve is steep. The more you know, the more you realize you don't know. Moreover, the performance of the EOS 1 digital family is hard to beat.

Oh, sure, gloat
happy.gif
. I've been constantly checking, but everywhere I've looked they're back-ordered. I even have a "notify me when in stock" in B&H. I think you need to go to a store and wait in front for the UPS delivery and run in with it as they come in from Canon.

If you know of any reputable place that has them for mail/web order, let me know.

Back