DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

June 2023 Part 1 — This Month Through Your Adapted Lens

Alan WF

An invitation to dust off your precious (or not so precious) glass and head out to make some photographs: the real reason for the existence of all our lenses.

Here are the guidelines:
  • Images with a removable adapter between lens and camera
  • Images with the lens mount permanently modified to fit a different camera
  • Images with the lens held by hand without an adapter (freelensing)
  • Including metadata (camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed) is encouraged but not required.
  • Comments are encouraged, but please keep them friendly and constructive.
Continued from the May 2023 Part 1 thread.

Regards,

Alan

I was chatting to another birder, when he slowly pointed behind me. I turned around to see this Bewick’s wren (Thryomanes bewickii) busy making a nest in this hollow post.

52941083972_48358d1051_o.jpg

Canon M50 Mark II with Canon EF to EF-M adaptor, Kenko TELEPLUS-HD 1.4x DGX extender, and Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM at 350 mm (cropped to 480 mm), f/8, 1/500 second, and ISO 4000.

Original on Flickr.

Zeiss made Two 3.5cm F4 Sonnars in RF Coupled Leica Mount around 1933 or so. I saw a picture of one of them. Those are rare...

I made this one a few years back- used the Barrel from a Contax mount 13.5cm F4 in a Jupiter-11 mount.
1937 13.5cm F4 Sonnar, converted using J-11 mount. Uncoated optics, nice bloom. On the Leica M9.
L1020945.jpg
  • Leica Camera AG - M9 Digital Camera
  • Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.8
  • 1/250 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 160
L1020965.jpg
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.7
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 160
L1020985.jpg
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/9.5
  • 1/60 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 160
L1020955.jpg
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.7
  • 1/250 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 160

Test show with a Wartime Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar "T", on my M9.
This lens was a disaster when bought, but for $75- no complaints.

Replaced the front element, and rear triplet using spares accumulated over the decades. Placed the barrel into a Jupiter-3 focus mount, spaced the rear triplet out, and shimmed for the Leica standard.

The newly refurbished and converted Sonnar, right, next to another Sonnar from the same batch that is an original LTM lens. I needed to do a full CLA on that one as well.

This is a fun idea. I think I will take it on. I have two family parties this weekend: one at my mom's house and one at my wife's mom's house.

I think I will try my grandpa's OM glass on my Z5. I don't even remember if I have a Nikon adapter, but if so, I may try my AI Micro-Nikkor 50/3.5 on the Z5 as well. If not, I'll buy an adapter; not an FTZ, but a cheaper one without any automation.

Back