DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Lake Sonoma, Winter and Spring

RBIV

DPRF-Patron
Hope I'm granted a pass, as the winter shot is Pentax, but the Spring shots are not. I so like the Pentax forum I do want to contribute to it, and I use several different cameras. Anyway, I submit this series for your view. Please don't disown me for this transgression. :cry:

A new storm coming in off the coast, January 2023. Lake is still considerably down from years of dry winters.
23_0108_KP__0573b.jpg
Pentax KP, DA21mm Ltd.

May, 2023 and still receiving run off from many storms since January. Lake is basically full at this point.
23_0515A_NZ5_0153.JPG
Nikon Z5, Nikkor Z40mm f/2

May 2023, and these trees are normally at water's edge.
23_0515B_NZ5_0151.JPG
Nikon Z5, Nikkor 40mm f/2

Hope I'm granted a pass, as the winter shot is Pentax, but the Spring shots are not. I so like the Pentax forum I do want to contribute to it, and I use several different cameras. Anyway, I submit this series for your view. Please don't disown me for this transgression. :cry:

A new storm coming in off the coast, January 2023. Lake is still considerably down from years of dry winters.
View attachment 9691
Pentax KP, DA21mm Ltd.

May, 2023 and still receiving run off from many storms since January. Lake is basically full at this point.
View attachment 9692
Nikon Z5, Nikkor Z40mm f/2

May 2023, and these trees are normally at water's edge.
View attachment 9693
Nikon Z5, Nikkor 40mm f/2
I much prefer the first shot for its pictorial quality (is that something particular to a Pentax Camera?:)); the last two shots are good record shots, but missing the aesthetics of the first one, but they (the last two) make the first shot stand out even more.

Yes, I agree with your summary. I was asked to shoot a comparison. I was up there about 3 weeks earlier and the lighting was better, but I couldn't get to the same, or even similar vantage point as the road down to the lake was closed due to flooding, and no way I could get past the gate. The lighting just before the storm on the first one was really helpful.

Back