DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Lets see your B&W

fullsizeoutput_7807.jpeg

Ueno Park

Stuff like that blows my mind. How did they do it?
I think with an amount of patience that most people nowadays can hardly muster anymore. What makes it even more baffling is that the iconic tomb seen in this photo is just a small part of the whole site of Petra, it is full of tombs carved out of rocks, one can easily spend 2 days exploring it.

G1023775.jpg
  • Leica Camera AG - M Monochrom
  • Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/1
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/90 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 5000

50mm F1.0 Nokton, wide-open at 1/90th and ISO5000 on the Leica M Monochrom.

This young man was just amazing to watch. I took quite a few pictures of him, asked if he wanted copies. He looked at the screen, and just said- "These are going on my Instagram". Made me happy.

View attachment 3205
50mm F1.0 Nokton, wide-open at 1/90th and ISO5000 on the Leica M Monochrom.

This young man was just amazing to watch. I took quite a few pictures of him, asked if he wanted copies. He looked at the screen, and just said- "These are going on my Instagram". Made me happy.
Brian, I'm happy for you that you could make this young, happy man even happier, and that you could keep the "Happiness Train" choo-choo-ing along. Good work and nice photo! :love:

I thought why not give it a try.
I took this picture in 2016 with my, still in use, X-Pro1 and 18mm F2.
It was in India, don't remember the city.

View attachment 3179
This is a photo I can revisit and look at again and again. It's quite interesting to see the daily life of others in faraway places. Congrats for capturing a fascinating story of the everyman.

This is a photo I can revisit and look at again and again. It's quite interesting to see the daily life of others in faraway places. Congrats for capturing a fascinating story of the everyman.
Thank you for your kind words, your response is much appreciated.

Back