DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Looking for a GOOD lens for my Nikon D7200

As far as I remember Thom Hogan was very impressed with the newest iteration of the 70-300 Nikkor. I used only the FX version with the Z mount adapter on a Nikon Z6 and I liked it.

I used the AF-P 70-300E a lot on my D7500 and also on my D750. Great lens. Sharp, good reach and lightweight. Finally sold it and now I use the Nikon 70-200 f4 VR and the AF-S 80-400 with 1,4TC on Z-camera's

I do a lot of Sports, Airshows, and Panorama photography. I have pretty basic Zoom lens 200-400 without stability, and just does not give me sharp photographs, at least not to my liking. So, I am looking for recommendations to upgrade, without breaking the bank with a $3,000 lens. I would like to stay in the 400mm range, but would like recommendations on something with image stabilization also, and a little better lens quality. Any recommendations?? F Mount.

I too recommend the Sigma 150-600mm (Contemporary). I love it. I tried the 50-500, but I could barely lift it, lol.

Back