DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Macro Recommendations

N

nomis

I Love to shoot in macro, right now I use nikkor 28mm-105mm. I am interested in shooting jewelry and insects. Can anyone please share their knowledge in the subject and make some recommendations. I would love to see some photos along with the replies, to better understand the comments. Thank you

> Hi, your best bet for table-top photography is probably the 85 mm PC > lens with shift/tilt capability. The lens also has macro setting for > up to 1:2. The review about it is wonderful but expensive. Regards. IGO

In addition to the 85mm PC, also consider the 55mm, 60mm, and 105mm micro Nikkor lenses. Any of these single focal length lenses will probably give you better macro results than the zoom lens you are now using.

Back