DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Managing Images on Camera

jjh

I use a D70 and usually shoot in RAW+Basic. Does anyone know if it would be possible to delete only one of the stored images (either the RAW or Basic)using the camera's facilities.

Yes surely you can delete the image using delete option in camera.select the image and press the delete button on your screens left side. Thanks

Thank you for your response. I apologise for not being clearer in my first post but what I want to be able to do is to selectively retain the jpeg data and delete the RAW file on an image by image basis in-camera. I will be on holiday soon and will not be able to download any files for two weeks so there could be significant space advantages if I could do this to free up space where I consider the image may be worth a 'snapshot' but does not warrent RAW storage.

Then you have two options for that, 1) to have extra card or a tank(data storage tank) to carry. 2)is keep deleting the images you don't want. If you have shot the images in basic as well as Raw mode then look for the image info and then decide the image to delete or not. Thanks Hope this will help you. Have a good holiday break.

Back