DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Medina River in Drought

kgwhite

Early one Sunday morning I drove from my home in San Antonio to photograph the Medina River. At that time Central Texas was experiencing a years long profound drought. The emotional experience of seeing the dry river bed is hard to convey. I grew up in Northern Utah with a Westerners obsession with water and now this disaster is right in front of me. Nothing to do except use my camera to record the scene.

Processed from Original RAW file 20230426.

MedinaRiverDrought_IMG_1035-m1_M_6x4_20230426.jpg

Quite the contrast from your other picture.

Early one Sunday morning I drove from my home in San Antonio to photograph the Medina River. At that time Central Texas was experiencing a years long profound drought. The emotional experience of seeing the dry river bed is hard to convey. I grew up in Northern Utah with a Westerners obsession with water and now this disaster is right in front of me. Nothing to do except use my camera to record the scene.

Processed from Original RAW file 20230426.

View attachment 2095

Another beautiful image. I'm here in Texas also and we've had some very good long rains the last couple of weeks. Hope that helps the drought situation.

Back