DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Nikon user lens question

brian5701

Hello! I have recently purchased the N80 and a Nikon 50mm 1.4D AF lens. It seems to focus normally and all, but I notice that quite a bit of the metal lens mount is visible when the lens is attached (viewed from the side). Is this normal?

I am looking to purchase a super wide angle lens and have narrowed my choices to Nikkor 18mm f/2.8 and the zoom Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8. I have the zoom Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8, so I am looking for a wider view. I know the 17-35mm provides greater utility and costs a little more. I tend to shoot scenic landscapes and some cityscapes. Can anyone provide helpful insights form their experiences? I’ve heard that the 17-35 is razor sharp, but I have not heard much about the 18mm.

Hi Brian. My name is Pedro and I I use quite offenlly an f 80 which is my fathers and there's allways a litlebit of metal, don't worry. In fact I've nerver use it with a 50mm lens but I'm quite sure that's the same.

kiss.gif
I just bought the ne Nikon 12-24mm DX lens its a great sharp and smooth focus lens.

Back