DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Problem using a 50mm AE lens on a 167MT

Congratulations Steve. You have solved the problem! Now you have checked the 500mm Mirotar isn't reading f4.5?!

Its not a 500mm Mirotar, but a 600mm f8 mirror made by sigma - which gives excellent picture quality by the way! But it is still reading f4.5 <font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">• reads f5.6 on the 139, but the actual exposure seemed OK most of the time, except that if sunlight entered from the viewfinder the film would be under-exposed. Or maybe the f5.6 reading was affecting the exposure?? I'll need to try it on the 167MT with the spot metering on.

Search me Steve.

They look interesting. The red.dots add life to the grey board
happy.gif
I presume. Without them, life would be
sad.gif

Your viewfinder doesn't shouw these I guess!

Have not seen a mirror lense in action; I understand the focussing is different or difficult compared to twist barrels. The 167MT is a very good size and shape for most lenses anyway.

(Also posted in another thread) Hi, I have a similar problem. I recently acquired a 85/1.4 AE. Using it on my RTSII is no problems, with the aperture read out correct regardless of which direction I rotate the aperture ring, and how I mount it. However, when it is mounted on my ST (in very good condition), the aperture readout only goes downwards, and never back up. For ex&le, if the lens is at 1.4 when I mount it, it will go to 2, 2.8, etc, all the way to 16. But it will never go the other way, say from 16 to 11, 5.6 to 4, etc. Has anyone encountered this problem? It sounds more of a problem with the body then the lens. Should I get the lens and ST serviced? Or is it something I can do myself. Thanks for your input.

Back