DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Promo on M.Zuiko ED 12mm F2.0

DrLex

OM System currently has a promo going on, at least in Europe (code ‘SUMMER2023EURO’). I have been eyeing the ED 12mm f/2.0 for a while and this promo cuts the regular price in half to €349. Depending on what link you follow however, the website may show no option to order at all because the lens is supposedly already sold out. Upon closer inspection however, it's only the black model that's out of stock. I'm not sure what exactly I did, but I went back and forth and eventually the order button did become active and I could still select the silver model. I guess I have been saved by the fact that the OMS website is a bit of a mess :D

Yes this devoted user bought the black 12/2.0 limited nine years ago when this was the only way to get a black version. For the extra money I get "Limited" on the body, a lens filter and a nice hood. Been happy with it and no optical issues - I suppose that Olympus threw in a second QC inspection as well .... :)

Back