DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Proud new SD10 (used) owner!

plierouge

Hello,

I missed my chance a few months ago to buy a new cheap SD14 (and now they are no longer available in Canada) and I am not really to buy a SD15 at full price (if and when it will be available...) so I decided to buy a used, but in excellent condition, SD10. The camera came with two kit lenses, 18-50 mm DC and 55-200mm DC. Although I will start learning the camera with those lenses, I am already considering buying EX lenses...

I currently own a Nikon D80 and a few Sigma lenses (Sigma 70-200mm 2.8, 2X converter and 18-50mm 2.8). I very like these lenses and I might buy them again in Sigma mount if I eventually go 100% to Sigma SLR, but for the meanwhile, I want to go to something different. I am hesitant on buying the 30 mm 1.4 or the 50mm 2.8 macro for general photography. Both lenses have their advantages, so I might eventually get both, but right now, I only want to invest in one lens at a time. Do you have experience with these lenses? If not, do you have an opinion to share?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your SD10! :)

I don't have experience with those lenses. But what I have on my SD14 camera is a Nikon mount. The Sigma mount was removed and replaced with the Nikon mount. I'm all manual now, and very happy! :)

Back