DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RAM speed

S

Stevied

Greetings one and all,

I am considering upgrading the RAM on my computer, will this help the download speed from the camera to the computer, if not how can I speed things up? It does seem to take an inordinate long time at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Steve

The answer to life the universe and everything is 42

Your best bet is to read the compact flash card directly in the PC using a Firewire or USB-2 reader (not USB-1), rather than downloading from the camera. More RAM won't speed anything up in that department, unless you only have 128MB right now, in which case it will speed up everything
biggrin.gif

DJ

>Hi DJ,

Not sure if the wire that runs from the camera to the computer is USB1 or USB2 or truth be known whether it is a firewire. How would one tell the difference?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

The answer to life the universe and everything is 42

Hopefully the instruction manual tells you
happy.gif
. You don't know what kind of interface you're plugging into your PC (or MAC)? What kind of camera?

Back