DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Review Contax T3

> My experience with T3's flash is a bit disappointing. Its seems rather > weak. I was using 100 and 200 ASA films. Can you tell me what kind of film you are using.

Try DeltaInternational.com. You may not get a US warranty (international = instead) because some of what they sell is "grey market", but their prices = and service are great, and I've never heard of anyone having a bad = experience with them.

I used 200 ASA Fuji superia and the pictures were mainly of people outdoors. I also took some indoors in a place with good lighting. I got perfect exposures on all of them.

"I don't know how to shoot a roll of partially exposed film in the T3 without re-exposing the exposed frames. Maybe someone knows a tricky way to get around this."

Reload the partially exposed roll. Switch to any manual focus point and cover the lens with something light-proof and click away to the desired frame. This should be done in daylight so the light meter reads a faster shutter speed and not 15 sec.

Contact Kyocera in SAn Diego, CA, at 732-560-0060 if you want them to adjust the autofocus point in the veiwfinder.

"I've been experimenting with the flash feature of the T3. I think the "fill in flash" mode should just be called "flash mode" because I believe that it fires the flash to provide all of the illumination for the subject. I'm quite happy with the exposure of the flash system, and it gets it exactly right in all the situations on my test roll.

The effect that I would like to achieve, however, is real "fill in flash" where the exposure is the normal one, and the flash provides a -1 stop fill in. Does anyone know how to achieve this with only the built in flash?"

Have you tried tape over the flash lens? They come in different tints for various effects...

Back