DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SD-14 Arrived

laurence2

The camera came in late this afternoon via UPS. I will open it tomorrow on a ferry ride across Puget Sound to Seattle, as that will give me time to make sure all is well.

I paid $349 for the camera (body only, with accessories), which is brand new. I have looked at prices, and that seems like a fair price to me.

I already have 4 BP-21 batteries from my old Minolta A-1, which are compatible with the Sigma, so that's a nice thing.

I also have an assortment of Compact Flash cards, as well as a couple of Micro-Drives which MIGHT fit as well.

An M42 adapter is on its way from Poland, as well as a "less robust" adapter from Austrailia. I am anticipating a lot of fun with the M42 lenses that I have.

Next up for purchase (as soon as I save enough money) will be the Sigma 10-20 lens, which would give me a wonderful wide angle range from the equivalent of 17mm to 34mm.

I am also interested in the Sigma 50/1.4 because it would be a fine mid-telephoto lens (85mm equivalent) with a very fast aperture. I've heard mostly good things about the 50/1.4.

Stay tuned, I'll give a report.

Laurence

Hi Larry,

congratulations to your SD14! :)

The SIGMA 10-20mm EX DC is the most sensible lens to go for at first, since there really is no alternative available ... M42-tricks or so ... :)

See you with your first SD14 picture results! ;)

Klaus

Hi Larry,
congrats to your SD14 too.
On MicroDrives: They work within the SD14,no question,but they draw a lot of power.
Good luck with the SD14
Uwe

Congratulations, Larry!

All of us will be looking forward to your first experiments with it.
Enjoy it!

Kind regards,
Jes.

Back